Developed by Braid Art Labs based upon the previous GroBoto technology, MeshFusion for MODO–as the product is labeled–is a revolutionary new modeling plugin available exclusively for modo 701. MeshFusion removes the challenges of complex boolean modeling operations and helps produce consistent and accurate “watertight” models.
MeshFusion when added to modo 701 will allow for a series of new modeling operations that let you interactively blend, add and subtract objects to create consistently excellent Subdivision Surface (SDS) models faster and more efficiently.
Advantages of MeshFusion for modo 701
- Creates booleans between subdivision surface (SDS) objects
- Control the blending between the resulting surfaces
- Edit assembly instructions creatively with three intuitive editing modes (3D Tree Fusion, Schematic Fusion and Fusion Strip)
- Use with deformers and other modo modeling tools, giving great freedom to experiment more
- Final mesh output is a single unified mesh ready for further editing or export to .STL for 3D printing
Cadsoft Solutions has published three tutorials on a webpage devoted to MeshFusion, led by Creative Specialist Andy Brown and William Vaughan.
Cadsoft offers MeshFusion for MODO for £199.00 + VAT. You can learn more here including watching the three tutorials and the introduction movie (frame capture above). For more on modo 701 go here.