FileMaker, Inc., a subsidiary of Apple Inc., today unveiled its next-generation of FileMaker, version 13. The new software has brand new WebDirect technologies enabling users to easily push their databases to the Web.
FileMaker 13 makes it easier for teams to create great looking, tailored business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows and Mac. New features harnessing the latest Web standards enable even better access to database solutions through a Web browser.
Additionally, there are new features with the FileMaker Pro Advanced and Server versions enabling users to make more powerful solutions for business deployment across an array of devices, desktops and the Web.
“With FileMaker 13, any team can quickly create custom solutions that streamline their business processes while minimizing design time,” said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president of marketing and services for FileMaker, Inc. “The FileMaker 13 Platform gives organizations even more options for delivering powerful but easy-to-use solutions, including breakthrough web technology, along with impressive new design tools for iOS and desktops.”
FileMaker 13 includes more than 50 new features. Chief among them are:
- FileMaker WebDirect — this entirely new HTML 5 browser-based technology allows teams to create and deploy desktop-style solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required
- iPad and iPhone Solutions Tools — there are even more tools supporting the development of custom solutions to iOS with more iOS behaviors support, including slide controls, popovers, and the ability to scan records using gestures. iPad and iPhone layouts can now be created in one simple step and there is new support for single-click capture of bar codes using on-device cameras
- Shareable Custom Themes & Styles — it is possible to develop custom themes and styles for your business solution layouts and then share them across solutions
- Drag and Drop Data Fields in Layout Mode
- New AES 256-bit encryption — more robust security no matter where your data lives on iPad, iPhone, desktop or server
- Developer Features — dozens of new enhancements to enable solutions developers to do things like hide or display objects on a screen based on business logic and integration with web applications
- New HTML 5 Server Admin Console — server administration has become even more simplified with new HTML 5 admin console for managing solutions from anywhere
Pricing and Availability
The FileMaker 13 Platform is available immediately. Monthly prices start at 9.USD for FileMaker Pro, 15.USD for FileMaker Pro Advanced, and 29.USD for FileMaker Pro Server under the FileMaker Annual Volume License Agreement, which is billed annually (minimum quantities apply).
Traditional software licenses are also available starting at 329.USD for new FileMaker Pro 13 licenses and 179.USD for upgrades. The FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone App are free from the iTunes App Store.
To learn more visit FileMaker online here.
We were given a preview look at this new version a few weeks ago and we were especially impressed with the new WebDirect technologies. Not only is it easier to create solutions and push them out through the Web but the technology enables immediate feedback in the Web interface without having to refresh the browser, whether the data changes or even a layout changes. We were duly impressed!
Also, the quickness of the product in general is much improved per our preview. A change on an iPad can be reflected back at the server level and pushed out to all other devices, desktops and the Web instantly. We will look more at this product in the near future.