The new LightWave 3D Group, a division of Newtek, Inc., located now in Burbank, California closer to the Hollywood action, has announced this week the availability of the NevronMotion plugin which enable motion capture with the Microsoft Kinect camera.
LightWave 11.6 is Final
This also means that version 11.6 is now final. With the Kinect camera and this NevronMotion plugin artists can implement motion capture within LightWave 11.6 for use in their 3D animations.
The NevronMotion plugin extends LightWave’s Visual Studio Tools to:
- Capture live-rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
- Retarget motion capture directly in a LightWave Layout
- Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect device
- Easily adjust arm and leg mobcap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
- Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH or custom setups
- Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
LightWave 11.6 is priced at 1495.USD and the NevronMotion plugin is priced at 299.USD. Registered version 11 users can upgrade free of charge. Educational pricing is available. To learn more about all the feature updates in version 11.6 visit the LightWave website here.
Comments for this story are closed