Digital Nature experts and leading 3D software maker e-on software, has announced they are shipping their latest Plant Factory software solution to the DCC, VFX and gaming markets. Plant Factory is a revolutionary technology for the creation and rendering of high-quality 3D plants.
The product is actually comprised of three main products, plus two specialty versions, each of which address specific customer needs and budgets.
The lineup includes Plant Factory Producer (1,495.USD) for production and VFX facilities, Plant Factor Studio (995.USD) for CG professionals and smaller studios, and Plant Factory Designer (495.USD) for plant customization for CG professionals. Specialty versions include Plant Factory Artists (199.USD) which offers Vue artists a way to customize plants and finally Plant Factory Converter (99.USD) which allows users to tweak plants and export as standard 3D meshes which is useful for 3ds Max, Maya, CINEMA 4D, Softimage, Lightwave and modo artists.
With Plant Factory users can:
- Create any kind of vegetation, from simple grass to super elaborate hero trees
- Create vegetation by painting it, assembling simple building blocks, or completely graphing all plant properties
- Generate procedural geometry and materials of unlimited detail
- Animate all plant aspects using precise wind and breeze algorithms
- Export 3D vegetation to any 3D application as standard OBJ, 3DS or animated FBX
- Render stills and animations for compositing jobs or for use as billboards
- Expand their plant library through a dedicated 3D plant model store
For 3D artists who do a lot with nature the Plant Factory is a must-see application with very wide applicability and uses.
e-0n software has many Plant Factory bundles when combined with Vue products. The Plant Factory runs on Mac OS X (10.5+) and Windows operating systems and a 1 GB video card is highly recommended as is a 64-bit system. To learn more visit e-on software’s Plant Factory webpage.
Comments for this story are closed