It seems Autodesk has no shortage of love for Apple’s mobile iOS platform. To help with the arrival of the new iOS 7 this month, Autodesk released 123D Creature Show, an app designed to help you customize your photos with poseable 3D characters.
Autodesk 123D Creature Show
As you might guess from the name of this app, this app isn’t something we’ll be adding to our Ultimate iPad Guide: Apps for Architects or anything like that. This app is for the pure hobbyist in us who want to explore 3D in a in fun way with poseable creatures.
123D Creature Show has a robust library of ready-to-use creatures, all created by artist Adam Bearnish using 123D Creature for iPad, a powerful 3D design tool to help any sculpt detailed creatures. Using the touch screen and intuitive gestures, Creature Show artists can sculpt and pose creatures, take a photo or add a photo from your personal gallery as the background, and tweak the lighting and filters to create their own scene.
The app is optimized for iPhone 5S using a multithreaded, 64 bit architecture. 123D Creature Show harnesses the power of the A7 processor and GPU to perform complex posing and deformation calculations previously requiring a dedicated desktop workstation. Other feature highlights include:
- 11 original poseable creatures including Animals, Monsters, Zombies and Fairies
- Bend and Twist tools for creating dynamic and unique poses
- Variety of photo filters to stylize your images
- Lighting and shadow effects to create realistic compositions or to blend a creature into your photos
- Social sharing via Facebook and Twitter; send by message or email; or save to your Photo Library
- Suports AirDrop for sharing of images
Autodesk 123D Creature Show requires iOS 7 and runs on iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S and 5C as well as 5th generation iPod touch models.
To learn more visit here on the iTunes Preview page.