IMSI/Design, the developer of the number one best-selling CAD in retail, announced this week that TurboCAD Mac Pro and TurboCAD Mac Deluxe version 7 are now available.
“This is the most significant TurboCAD Mac upgrade in a number of years,” said Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. TurboCAD Mac Pro 7 and TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 7 provide users with sophisticated yet easy-to-use advanced CAD features suitable to serving a wide array of CAD industries.
Key New Features in Version 7
These are some of the highlight new features in version 7:
- New Multi-Step Drawing Wizard to quickly setup your drawing
- New DWG Paper Space and Viewports to better organize data for printing
- New Conic tools to easily obtain a curve generated by the intersection of a cone with a plane
- New Markup and Redlining Tools for 2D and 3D objects (see image 02)
- New Trim Region Tool to rapidly trim a closed region
New Advances in 3D Modeling
TurboCAD Mac Pro 7 and Deluxe 7 feature new modeling functionality built on an improved Spatial ACIS Engine updated to R22 for superior modeling control and capabilities.
- New Push/Pull tool (Pro only) — quickly generate 3D objects from 2D lines and curves by dragging to extrude an enclosed shape
- New Part Tree (Pro only) — fully editable, hierarchal for selective undo/redo of solids and surfaces (see image 01 above)
- New Move Face Tool (Pro only) — will translate one or more faces by a vector amount, while neighboring faces are extended or re-limited to account for the new face position
- New Loft Tool (Pro only) — that uses polylines or curves to set the boundary of a loft
- New Project Curve to Plane Tool (Pro only)
- And many more
Other New features
New architectural tools include a new roof tool and new slab tool that controls pitch and thicknesses. The new slab tool allows offsets from walls and you can attach slabs to existing walls.
With both versions you can now create a custom tool bar for quicker access to your favorite or most-used tools. There is also a new context sensitive help system throughout. For the Pro version only there is the new Gripper Tool for dynamically moving, rotating, and scaling in 2D/3D. The new Viewport Layouts mode is also a Pro only feature which enables you to display multiple views of your drawing at once.
A cool new printing feature allows the user to simply drag over the area of the drawing they wish to print. 3Dconnexion 3D mice support has been added. And there is nearly 2,000 new materials added to the material library for the Pro version.
Interoperability and Pricing
TurboCAD Mac Pro 7 and TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 7 support AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 file interoperability (import/export). There are new file filters for EPS, Facet, PDF, Photoshop and SketchUp. Those are on the import side. This means you can bring in SketchUp models into TurboCAD Mac 7.
On the export side you have OBJ and VRML.
TurboCAD Mac Pro 7 is 499.95.USD and TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 7 is 129.95.USD. To learn more visit this link.