Andersson Technologies LLC, has announced that they continue to make rapid advances with its SynthEyes 3D tracker application. SynthEyes 3D is a PC and Mac software application for 3D camera tracking, also known as match-moving, which is widely used in film, television, commercials and music video post-production.
The way SynthEyes works is it can look at a sequence of live-action film and determine how the real camera moved during the shoot, what the field of view was (ie: focal length) and where various features were in 3D. This allows it to create computer-generated imagery that has an exact fit with the live-action filmed shot. With that overlap animators and special effects artists can blend in 3D animation sequence with live footage.
Andersson Technologies says it has delivered on its promises since the SynthEyes build number 1208 and now in its latest build release (number 1212) there are major new features:
- multiple camera views, for simplified and accelerated stereo workflow
- advanced disk caching, especially for SDD and RAID disk systems
- a Community Translation Project system
- Python scripting for enterprise customers
- a new uniform distribution algorithm for the Add Man Trackers operation
- movie-file reading improvements, including new Windows (WMF) file reader, and frame timestamp caching for the WMF and the Mac OS X QuickTime reader to speed movie reopen times
- a new Linearize phase for forcibly straigtening arbitrarily-oriented dolly moves
- a Lidar file importer
The innovative “bring your own python” client/server approach lets SynthEyes python be transparently embedded into other applications, such as Maya, Shotgun, or Cinema 4D, or into user-interface packages like PySide or PyQT.
There are now 21 new or revamped tutorials running almost 4 hours since the August 2012 update to help users learn the new features. SynthEyes 3D is now available for Windows and Mac OS X and the Pro version is 599.USD while the entry level version is 399.USD. There is a cross-platform license version at 699.USD and various upgrade pricing. To learn more visit: www.ssontech.com