EIAS3D, which today is lead by Tomas Egger, a film director and VFX supervisor, along with the Igors, has announced the long-awaited Electric Image Animation System V9. The new version is available immediately for download.
EIAS v9 is the first release from the new company holder of this veteran and industry-leading 3D special effects software. As many readers may be already aware, Electric Image was one of the first big truly magnificent advanced 3D applications in existence.
This latest full release offers existing and new users increased power and ease-of-use and will help them accelerate their 3D projects. Key new features by area of the application are listed in brief below. For a full list visit them online:
EIAS Animator v9 – Key Features
- New Import System — 3D import is completely re-written. The system provides advanced model diagnostics reporting for all imported formats
- Adobe Illustrator .ai and .eps file support
- ZBrush import — including UV and texture maps
- LightWave 3D support
- “Bullet” hard body dynamics — the popular Bullet physics engine built in
- Improved OpenGL — newly rewritten OpenGL hardware preview engine
- Animator Performance Optimization
- UI redesign and updates
EIAS Camera v9 – Key Features
- New Multithreaded Architecture — Render operations are now faster
- 64-bit Architecture — Camera can use all the RAM you install
- New GI Engine — Global Illumination is completely rewritten
- 64-bit Shaders and Plugins
- New Render Features — GI Glossy, Sun Light, Blurred Refractions, Reactive Masks, Caustic Rainbow and more…
EIAS RenderRama v9 – Key Features
- Enhanced Stability and Recovery System in Network Rendering
- Network Rendering with Frame Sequence Formats (PNG, TGA, PICT)
- Faster File transfer
You can see a complete list of all the features in EIAS v9 here. Or what the EIAS v9 video release here.
The Electric Image Animation System has new owners. It’s development is now being managed by EIAS3D, which consists of Electric Image artists along with EIAS’s previous programmers. Together the new team and its passion for EIAS intends to fully modernize the software package across its platforms while maintaining quality updates like v9. Central to the rebirth of EIAS v9 and getting it into as many production pipelines as possible is the inclusion of an infinite number of render nodes with each EIAS license.
Availability and Pricing
EIAS v9 is now shipping for both Mac Universal Binary (Intel Macs) and for Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit versions). Upgrades start at 395.USD while a new license is 895.USD. For more information visit them online here: www.eias3d.com
Comments for this story are closed