Abvent of France has announced the launch of Artlantis 4, the latest version the fastest, stand-alone 3D rendering application developed specifically for architects and designers.
Artlantis 4 is an advanced and efficient renderer that gives its users tools for creating photo-realistic 3D projects. The software interfaces with the leading top CAD and BIM programs used by architects and supports a wide variety of file formats, including DXF, DWG, OBJ, 3DS and FBX. Available in two main versions, Artlantis offers a product line suited to different needs and practices. Artlantis Render is developed for design professionals (architects, interior designers, urban planners, landscapers, exhibition organizers, etc.) who need to create very high quality still renderings. Artlantis Studio, on the other hand, not only creates exceptional, high-quality still images, but also offers an enhanced suite of tools to generate dynamic renderings, such as iVisit 3D panoramas, VR objects and animations that provide interactivity with motion through the project.
New Features in Artlantis 4
- iVisit 3D Panoramas (Artlantis Studio only) — create a realistic tour inside your project with multi-node panoramas. Artlantis 4 automatically creates everything you need to view the panoramas. Based on Adobe Flash technology, the player is free of charge and viewable within most popular web browsers. A special tool also allows users to view and share these panoramas on an Apple iPad or iPhone. iVisit 3D is available in two versions (Lite and Pro) from Apple’s App Store. iVisit 3D Lite is free, but is limited to one viewing per day.
- Quality Improvements — a new Radiosity engine improves images for better perception of color, textures and materials. Tone correction is a new post-process tool that allows users to lighten dark images or vice versa. A new Fresnel shader has been added to the library, which is particularly suitable for metallic car bodies. Transparent surfaces and a variety of other edits are now managed more easily in this new version.
- Performance Improvements — renderings are now twice as fast on average, and up to seven times faster if the project users several Neon shaders. In order to better handle large projects, Artlantis is now optimized for 64-bit Macintosh and Windows environments.
- Productivity Improvements — A new horizontal material projection method simplifies working with complex roof surfaces, automatically orienting the direction of all roof textures to line up with soffit edges in one simple step. Batch rendering work can now be reorganized and filtered before the renderings are generated. In the 2D view, a series of duplicated objects can be automatically positioned on the underlying ground surface using gravity.
- New Artlantis Media CDs — There are five new Media Volumes are being released exclusively for Artlantis 4.
To learn more about the new Artlantis 4 visit Abvent’s website online here.