Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., has announced Vectorworks 2012 Product Line, which includes the award-winning Vectorworks Architect, Renderworks, Vectorworks Landmark, Vectorworks Spotlight, Vectorworks Designer, and Vectorworks Fundamentals. The new release is filled with interesting new features plus performance improvements.
Existing users will be happy with a 3x – 12x speed up for navigating between Viewports and design layers or switching between viewports. Even files in the hundreds of megabytes move this much faster than version 2011. Mac OS X Lion is also fully compatible with this release of Vectorworks 2012, which will please Mac customers.
“This release reinforces our position as a leader in 3D technology within the AEC marketplace,” says Dr. Biplab Sarkar, Chief Technology Officer of Nemetschek Vectorworks. “I’m proud of the many improvements our development team has achieved with this version, particularly those related to BIM, GIS and rendering.”
“With the Vectorworks 2012 products, we continue to deliver the tools designers require to succeed in meeting complex design challenges, whether they work in the field of architecture, landscape or entertainment design,” said Stewart Rom, Nemetschek Vectorworks’ Chief Marketing Officer. “We value the feedback we receive from our users, and we’ve taken their wishes into account to further improve the usability and performance of our software.”
Key New Improvements
- Enhanced 3D Modeling — The program now examines the model under the cursor and sets the working plane automatically, removing the general need for the user to define the working plane manually.
- Instant Access Push-Pull Tool — The Push-Pull tool now works faster and more intuitively.
- BIM Improvements — A new Stories feature improvement adds a parametric capability within your BIM geometry. Plus there are improvements to BIM objects like stairs, walls, slabs, wall components, etc.
- Improved IFC Support — IFC support has been greatly improved, with higher fidelity improvements from imported elements
- GIS and BIM are now integrated with new Landmark and Designer versions.
- Renderworks Improvements
- 100 Plus Performance and Usability Improvements
- New Features in vertical applications
Some key new smaller features include the new 2D X-ray fills mode and streamlining of the interface tools.
To learn more visit Nemetschek Vectorworks online and view several introductory videos.