IMSI Design, one of the world’s leading CAD software makers and the producer of TurboCAD, has announced TurboViewer for Apple’s iPad. TurboViewer is the world’s first 3D capable Autodesk DWG viewer application on the iOS market.
iPad Will Change Course of Computing
“We believe iPad is going to drive as much innovation in the CAD space as the original PC did back in the 1980’s,” stated Royal Farros, Chairman and CEO of IMSI/Design. “Because of the amazing portability, battery life, and Multi-touch display of iPad, an architect, designer or engineer can spend all day viewing even the largest 3D plans right on site…even view plans while walking around a building site. That simply can’t be done with existing PC technology.”
Architosh has spent some time playing with TurboViewer recently and the application is quick, nimble and useful. “We built TurboViewer from the ground up for iPad… but what we’ve found is TurboViewer may be the fastest 2D and 3D drawing viewer on any platform,” added Farros.
- Fast native 2d and 3d .DWG (Autodesk AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT) and .DXF file viewing
- Unique time-savers: able to navigate full-screen preview during file load; Cancel errant file load
- Smooth Apple Multi-touch navigation while panning, zooming, and orbiting
- Restore saved AutoCAD views to quickly display the best vision of your design
- Supports AutoCAD linetypes to maintain visual fidelity as intended
- Autosense 2d and 3d drawings to automatically set appropriate gesture navigation of a drawing or model
- Doesn’t require internet connection for remote field work
TurboViewer is the first in a series of next-generation apps designed specifically for the AEC market, aimed at Apple iPad, says company. Pricing for this version is free and it can be obtained at the iTunes App Store.
To learn more visit: www.IMSIdesign.com/TurboViewer
Comments for this story are closed