Como, Italy-based progeCAD, a global leader in low cost 2D/3D CAD technology, has announced iCADMac, an alternative to Autodesk AutoCAD for Mac OS X platform users. The privately owned software firm has gone all out to create a full professional 2D/3D CAD for Apple’s Mac OS X platform with extensive Autodesk DWG file format compatibility. The company is known for its IntelliCAD-based progeCAD Professional which runs on Windows.
iCADMac runs on all Intel-based Macintosh computers and is capable of pushing out drawings compatible with AutoCAD WS for use on an Apple iPad. iCADMac is an ACIS based application with full support of ACIS Solid Modeling libraries.
Key Features of iCADMac
- Autodesk DWG file compatibility from version 2.5 to 2010/2011 versions
- PDF to DWG file format conversions thanks to PDF2DWG Module
- Export to Adobe PDF
- Gradient Hatch and Tables Functionality
- Raster and Image Management, including the ability to clip images with rectangle and polygonal tools
- Polygonal Viewports
- XRef Manager
- AutoCAD-like standard user interface with visual property bar
- Rendering with multiple light and shadow support
- Multiple main windows (top, axo, side, et cetera, simultaneously)
- Custom menu support with Lisp and C++
- 15,000 Advanced Library of Blocks
An advanced rendering module is in the works and will be Raytracing based featuring transparency, reflections and smooth shadows.
There are several types of licenses available for iCADMac, including a single license, a dongle-based license and network licenses. There is a 30-day trial version without any limits in functionality. To learn more about iCADMac by progeCAD visit them here. http://www.icadmac.com/
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Apollo Spiliotis and Anthony Frausto, Anthony Frausto. Anthony Frausto said: Another native professional CAD program comes to the Mac OS X platform. progeCAD of Italy delivers new iCADMac. http://lnkd.in/K3EX_Q […]
Comments are closed.