Here is a company we don’t hear about too often–Engineered Software. Recently they introduced PowerCADD 9, their latest version of what has always been a Mac-only based software product.
PowerCADD is famed for its speed as a 2D CAD system but much of this fame has vanished within the industry as AEC CAD has shifted to 3D and BIM. Regardless, the company has taken steps to keep PowerCADD incredibly fast in version 9. For starters it has shed its “Classic Mac” formats while supporting the very latest Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) operating system. It is optimized for 64-bit on Core 2 Duo and Xenon.
PowerCADD 9 – Key Features
- Older drawings brought forward to PowerCADD 9 get automatically Spotlight indexed so you can search your drawings and archives by word content
- Likewise all drawings brought forward to PowerCADD 9 get QuickLook support
- New alpha back plane editing of bit map images
- PDF import and PDF conversion to editable objects
- Smaller file sizes and a more compact program memory footprint…means more speed!
- Use of Snow Leopard’s Text Engine with PowerCADD 9’s Advance Text tool
- AutoCAD 2010 read/write support for import/export
- Improved AutoCAD Model and Paper space interface
- Place Area function is now live and interactive
- Improved File Reference controls
Engineered Software says the Overview Window redraw speed is now almost instant. The Help Menu now utilizes the latest technology in OS X including search function for OS X Finder’s Online Help. PowerCADD 9’s manual is a searchable PDF.
To learn more visit them online here: http://engsw.com/