Nemetschek Scia, a sister company to both the ArchiCAD and Vectorworks Architect software developers, will be hosting an upcoming event titled, “The Impact of Structural BIM on the Design Process” later this month in New York, Boston and Atlanta.
The announcement sent to press and industry reads, “Building Information Modeling (BIM) is changing the design and construction process. What does it mean for structural engineers and others they collaborate with?” Join Nemetschek Scia for a discussion on how advancements in BIM are:
- Helping to connect today’s disjointed structural engineering workflows
- Giving engineers new ways of analyzing structures; better results, faster
- Making it easier for engineers to work iteratively with architects to maximize a structure’s performance while reducing materials
- Helping engineers better communicate ideas to owners and other non-engineers, share documents with drafters, detailers and fabricators
- Reducing requests for information (RFIs) and allowing designers to work out constructability issues before they get on site
Dr. Jean-Pierre Rammant, CEO Nemetschek Scia, will be the event speaker. Dr. Rammant is a pioneer in the development of structural BIM technology. As a software specialist for over 30-years he has helping the world’s leading structural engineering companies create innovative, sustainable designs. He completed his PhD at K.U. Leuven, Belgium, and later worked as a research assistant at MIT in Cambridge before founding Nemetschek Scia, one of the world’s premier developers of 3D structural modeling, analysis and design software.
There will be beer, wine and light fare served so please stop by and bring a friend. The event is free. There will be three events later this month per below:
- New York City – Feb 16, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Register here.
- Boston – Feb 17, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Register here.
- Atlanta – Feb 18, 6:30 – 8:00. Register here.
For more information or questions please contact Dan Monaghan at: d.[email protected] or call 410-207-5501