Punch Software, LLC, a global leader in providing 2D and 3D design solutions for the fast-growing retail CAD segment in North America, has released version 6.0 of ViaCAD 2D for Mac and Windows operating systems.
Key New Features
The feature-rich low-cost 2D only CAD tool sports lots of common 2D CAD drawing and editing tools plus AutoCAD compatibility, cross-platform compatibility and unique conversion of 3D data capabilities. Significant new features include:
- Intelligent Architectural Tools – V6 adds new 2D architectural features supporting the creation and modification of intelligent self-healing walls, doors and windows. Also introduced are advanced features like wall-components that allow the user to define different styled regions that make up the wall.
- 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator Support – V6 adds support for the SpaceNavigator device, a 3D mouse used by engineering, CAD and 3D software tools; additionally, a new single-click fill and hatch command makes things easier as do many new drawing tools and the Drawing Wizard for setting up mechanical or architectural sheets.
- Cross-platform support – The hybrid DVD now includes both PC and Mac installers.
- AutoCAD compatibility, in addition to Adobe Illustrator.
- Conversion of 3D Data – V6 allows the direct conversion of 3D data from STEP, IGES, DWG/DXF files into 2D views within ViaCAD 2D.
More information about the whole line of ViaCAD products can be found here. ViaCAD 2D v6 is retailing at 49.USD and is available in the United States at retails stores such as Fry’s, Apple Stores, Amazon, MacMall and others. You can also purchase it directly at www.punchcad.com.
Comments for this story are closed