Intaglio 3.0 is a new-ish native Mac OS X drawing, illustration and technical drawing application made just for the Mac by Purgatory Design, of Durango, Colorado. The company has been developing software under contract for others and for itself since 1984.
Intaglio – MacDraw for Today
Intaglio, now at version 3, is essentially aimed at being a modern version of yesterday’s famous MacDraw application. It can even utilize old classic Macintosh PICT files or images created with QuickDraw-based programs. These would include famous old Macintosh applications like ClarisDraw, MacDraw and older AppleWorks and ClarisWorks suites’ drawings.
Intaglios carries the legacy of MacDraw into the modern world of OS X and the iPhone.
Old timers will feel immediately at home with Intaglio, says the company. Yet Intaglio works with today’s modern OS X core, utilizing Core Image and Quartz with full support for PDF, EPS, SVG, JPEG, PNG and TIFF file formats. Key technologies built into Intaglio include:
- Core Image Filters – for resolution independent special effects
- Scale Drawings with Dimensions – make floor plans and basic CAD layouts using Intaglio
- Sophisticated Text – Advanced text formating via Quartz
- Professional Pen Tool – High quality bezier curves and polygons
- Compound Paths with Booleans – Unite, Intersect, Substract and Exclude operations to combined paths
- Calligraphy Style Strokes
- Automatic and Manual Guides – Create grids and guide lines with “smart snap”
- Full AppleScript Support – Scriptable and Recordable
- QuickDraw – Bridge gap between Mac OS 7, 8, 9 and today’s Mac OS X world – continue to use old files from the past
- QuickTime and Image IO – Full QuickTime file import/export functionality – with automatic format support as OS X is advanced
- Spotlight – Attach meta data to individual documents for Spotlight searching
Other Notes About Intaglio
The latest version now supports full-screen slide shows and now can import ClarisDraw document slides. Also new in version 3.0 is the new Image IO from Apple with better support for CMYK and extended range images such as OpenEXR and Camera RAW.
Intaglio is a Mac Universal application. It runs with both Intel and PowerPC Macs and requires OS X 10.3.9 and QuickTime 7 for PowerPC and OS X 10.4.7 or later for Intel.
To learn more visit them here.