LightWork Design, the leading supplier of rendering software components for software developers serving CAD and visualization professionals has this week announced version 7.9 of LightWorks. This new version focuses on new ambient occlusion functionality.
LightWorks 7.9 has improvements in five distinct areas of the software: Ambient Occlusion, High Dynamic Range Images (HDRI), Specular Final Gather, Complex Reflectance Shaders, and CgFX. LightWorks Design supplies this rendering technology to hundreds of leading software developers worldwide.
LightWorks 7.9 Details
- Ambient Occlusion – This new feature in LightWorks adds intelligent and predictable ambient lighting to models for greater depth, performance and realism. It is particularly useful for the lighting of interior scenes, giving fast and predictable results.
- High Dynamic Range images (HDRI) – LightWorks has created a wide variety of their own HDR images to enable users to get even more realistic lighting within their scenes. These are included within this release of LightWorks 7.9. LightWorks will be producing further HDR collections in forthcoming releases as part of their on-going development work.
- Specular Final Gather – This feature has been refined to optimise workflow so that the smoother the surface, the less work is actually spent in calculating the specular final gather results. This technique makes image rendering much faster.
- Complex Reflectance Shaders – LightWorks has created a range of new shaders for their latest release, aimed at providing users with the ability to create a wider range of even more realistic effects. The new shaders include: glossy, blurred and frosted glass, which allow the creation of glossy plastics, brushed metals, car paints, varnished surfaces and lacquered finishes.
- CgFX – LightWorks now enables customers to extend effects in real time rendering but using external CgFX materials.
For more information regarding LightWorks 7.9 please visit here.