Next Limit Technologies of Madrid, Spain, has announced an update to its superb rendering software Maxwell Render, version 1.7. This latest update is available immediately and includes a range of new features and improvements aimed at taking photo-realistic rendering to a new level.
Key new features in Maxwell Render 1.7 include:
- A new Physical Sky system – several real-life, physically accurate parameters can be used to control the look of the sky and the resulting light in the scene, ranging from common Earth values to exaggerated fantasy skies.
- A new Sub-Surface Scattering component – New SSS simulates the effect of light entering a translucent object and scattering inside it. This is a new, fully rewritten version of the older SSS system.
- Enhancements in the Material Editor – incremental updates in the materials preview, storing material swatches, new image controls, wizards and more.
- Plug-in Enhancements – All available plugins have been updated to ensure compatibility with version 1.7.
- Maxwell Studio Improvements – Texture handling and memory optimizations have been implemented, Realtime OpenGL preview of Physical Skies, improved material browser and much more.
A complete guide to the new features and updates in Maxwell Render 1.7 can be found online here.