Gehry Technologies announced this week that Digital Project V1R5 was released at the end of December 2012 and it includes several refinements and new features that enhance building professional’s everyday workflow by making tasks easier to accomplish.
Those that are interested in learning more or downloading the software can do so here. Digital Project requires a valid license to operate. You can request a license here.
Key Summary of Improvements
A major new feature of Digital Project V1R5 is that is now compatible with CATIA V5R22 (version 5 release 22), and GT reports that this means it delivers a smoother experience when working on projects that are of any size–implying very large projects. There are key enhancements to wall materials providing for more accurate quantity estimates and streamline workflow. The user interface has been added to manage custom Microsoft Excel spreadsheet locations.
Additionally, Digital Project Viewer has been renamed to Digital Project Manager, enabling project managers, estimators, and construction professionals to fully support project attribute editing and essential tools for performing quality control checks, such as clash detection.
Thirdly, Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) for Digital Project V1R5 provides greater support for industry and government standards. UTF-8 has been added to support importing and exporting properties.
Other improvements include:
- Exporting of MEP system routing elements
- Elements retaining their names from Digital Project
- Translation on beam profile during import
- Previously where symbolic door and window has large bounding box as geometry
- Import generic IfcDistributionElement and non-uniform 3D transormations
Digital Project Upcoming Events
Gehry Technologies will be hosting two Digital Project training sessions in their New York City office, located at 150 West 30th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY.
The events take place 14-18 January 2013. Topics include:
- Principles of parametric and associative modeling
- Surface modeling for constructability
- Rationalization Strategies
- Adaptive Component Systems
- Introduction to Building Information Modeling
- Data organization, project structure
- Dynamic file environment, drawing extractions
If you would like to register for these events or learn more you can by emailing them at: email@example.com. For further info you can call +1 212 239-9288. To learn more about Digital Project go here.