Integrated CADD Services (ICS), of Cambridge, Massachusetts, will be hosting an event focused on rendering BIM (building information modeling) models using Abvent’s Artlantis 4.1. This event is for United States participants only.
Rendering BIM models with Artlantis – The Event Details
The event will focus on the needs of BIM-based architects and AEC professionals who would like to expand their visualization abilities taking BIM models directly to a renderer.
Participants will be introduced to Abvent’s Artlantis, one of the world’s leading rendering platforms. In addition, participants will gain knowledge about iVisit 3D Panoramas, QuickTime VR Object creation and making animations–all using Artlantis 4.1. Specifics include:
- How to export your model from your BIM or 3D program and import it into Artlantis
- How to quickly apply shaders and textures to create photo-realistic building materials
- How to add objects and cut-outs
- How to manage and setup scene lighting and atmosphere effects
- How to create iVisit 3D Panoramas for client presentations
There are direct plugins for Artlantis that install into the leading BIM programs on the market, including: ArchiCAD, Revit and Vectorworks Architect. There is also a plugin for SketchUp. Additional means include file import of DXF, DWG, FBX and Wavefront OBJ format.
The date is 29 May 2013, at 2:00 EDT. The weblink is here. The teleconference dial-in number is: +1 603-769-4639 and the access code is 6217088. ICS is asking folks to test their browser prior to the event by going here: http://www.gatherplace.net/gp/test.jsp
To register for this free online event please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Company Name
- Platform (Mac/Win)
- Modeling/BIM tool (ArchiCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Vectorworks, etc)