Leading computer graphics and visual effects software developer, Luxology, has launched modo 701 this week from London. The innovative 3D software maker and once “apple-award winner” has recently merged with The Foundry and has been working hard on the modo 701 release.
New modo 701 Features
New features in the new modo 701 include these highlights:
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders
- large scene performance improvements by as much as 175x
- Preview render synchronisation improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster
- unlimited network rendering
“modo 701 is a big step forward and has a number of new features that will help me in my day-to-day work,” said Richard Yot of Itchy Animation, “It’s things like preview’s AA filters which now allow it to be used as a hassle-free production renderer. This means cleaner renders with minimum effort. The rewritten dynamics engine also now calculates simulations much more rapidly and accurately.”
modo 701 is now available for download from the Luxology website for Mac OS X and Windows. The company will be releasing a version for Linux for the first time later this year. Visit the Luxology website for more information and pricing.