Graphisoft today announced that the release of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013, starting with the German and Austrian versions. ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 runs on the robust, well-tested engine of ArchiCAD 16 for unparalleled speed and performance, and is optimized for the smaller-sized firms in the architectural design software market.
BIM for the Small Market
The vast majority of architecture firms are small firms and while the BIM movement has gained its most traction in the larger-firm/large building segment of the AEC market, all architects regardless of the size of their projects and their firms are interested in BIM workflows and the general transition of their industry to 3D workflows.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 contains all the tools necessary to create BIM models from which the entire architectural documentation and the list of materials can be derived. The new release introduces functions to STAR(T) Edition users including:
- MORPH Tool — The new Morph Tool in version 16 of ArchiCAD makes it debut in SMAR(T) Edition 2013, allowing for advanced direct-modeling capabilities and including intuitive features like Push/Pull modeling
- Shell Tool — The shell tool offers further advanced modeling features with parametric capacity in the areas of vaults of various types
- Profile Manager — Create and save a wide variety of extruded profile forms for quick reuse and conceptual modeling
- Profile and Slanted Walls and Beams — Wall, columns and beams can be shaped in complex geometric ways including slanted columns for instance
- IFC Support — ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 supports the import/export and data structure of the IFC standard and the Open BIM workflow
- External Drawings — Users can link PDFs, DWGs, DXFs and image files into their projects and handle them dynamically
- BIM Components — ArchiCAD 2013 STAR(T) Edition 2013 supports cloud-based BIM components from Graphisoft’s BIM Components web portal
Other improvements in this version including better 3D in general with easier methods to place, move or elevate objects anywhere in one move. Better 3D feedback makes the split and rotate commands easy to use. The advanced editing plane technology and series of new smart cursor variants makes for precise input.
The International version of the STAR(T) 2013 version will be available 14 January 2013 while additional local versions will launch in quarter 1, 2013. ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2013 runs on Mac and Windows computer operating systems.
To learn more about this product and its pricing and availability read here.